We hope you are all doing as well as expected in these difficult circumstances and that you are all staying as safe and well as possible.
Although we are socially distancing right now, we can stay connected and there are many wonderful ways that we can do that, through services, classes and courses being offered online. It can be a little overwhelming, so we’re creating a list of resources for all, categorised for ease.
Please check back regularly as we’ll continue updating and if there is something great that you think we should share, please drop us an email with the details: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we would be delighted if you would join us over on Instagram: @aldridge_foundation where we’ll be launching daily challenges and weekly competitions from Monday 6th April. A sneak preview of Week 1’s challenges are below – we look forward to seeing you there.
Monday 6th April
Kick-up challenge: see how many kick-ups you can do with a toilet roll – see who can do the most in your household!
Tuesday 7th April
Scavenger Hunt: set a timer for 2 mins and see how many items you can find around the house that begin with the letter ‘T’.
Wednesday 8th April
Snap Happy: Take a photo of nature, from your garden, spotted when you’re out on your daily exercise or from your window.
Thursday 9th April
Stay Connected: call, facetime or write a letter to a friend or family member that’s not living with you – find time in your day to catch up.
Friday 10th *COMPETITION*
Selfie: sitting in front of the mirror, create a self portrait using materials of your choice i.e. paint, pencil, charcoal, collage.
* BBC Teach – thousands of free curriculum-mapped videos, arranged by age-group and subject https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach
*Driver Youth Trust at-home activity pack -18 fun, ready to print, writing and drawing activities to get learners engaging more with their reading books https://www.driveryouthtrust.com/at-home-activities/
*David Walliams daily audio stories https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
* Take a virtual school trip! More than 2,500 museums around the world have made their collections accessible online https://artsandculture.google.com/partner?hl=en explore the Natural History Museum here: https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover.html? and the Serpentine Gallery here: https://www.serpentinegalleries.org/exhibitions-events/serpentine-online-watch-read-listen
* Ted Talks – watch inspiring videos https://www.ted.com/talks
* The National Theatre – are streaming their shows for free every Thursday evening: https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/nt-at-home plus they will be rolling out National Theatre Collection study resources to pupils now learning at home:https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/learning/national-theatre-collection/uk-state-funded-schools
*duolingo – learn a language https://www.duolingo.com/
* Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths creative activities: https://www.kiwico.com/diy/ and https://www.cgi-group.co.uk/en-gb/corporate-social-responsibility/stem-from-home and https://www.enterpriseandstem.online/
* Erase All Kittens – coding for beginners, gamified https://eraseallkittens.com/parents.aspx
* Design Museum – hear from brilliant designers and architects – https://designmuseum.org/digital-design-calendar/designdispatches and take part in a design workshop – https://designmuseum.org/whats-on/families/create-and-make/create-and-make-at-home
* Get a qualification – sign up for a free online course - https://www.coursera.org/
Health & Wellbeing
* P.E with Joe Wicks – Monday-Friday, 9am Live on YouTube – suitable for kids of all ages – videos to date accessible here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0go1pTda8
*@katerh_fitness – daily live workouts on Instagram for adults and children
*Dancing with Oti Mabuse – two lessons a day (also aimed at kids) – live on Instagram: @otimabuse but also saved on the highlights so you can have a dance anytime!
*Dance lessons with Gorka Marquez from Strictly – sharing dance tutorials on his Instagram: @gorka_marquez
* Diversity Dance lessons – sign uop to 20DV for online dance tutorials and community forum, for free until 1 May https://20dv.co.uk/
* Sport England – tips and activities for staying active indoors https://www.sportengland.org/news/how-stay-active-while-youre-home
* Start a diary or journal to record your experience of this period of time – how are you feeling, who are you with, what are you doing?
* Headspace – free meditation, sleep and movement exercises https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
* Mind – advice and resources to support those working / studying from home or feeling anxious or worried about the current situation https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/#collapse04424
* Matt Haig – author who has also written a novel around his mental health, lots of positive posts and thinking of starting an online writing tutorial – @mattzhaig
* Place2Be – activities to boost wellbeing https://www.place2be.org.uk/our-services/services-for-schools/mental-health-resources-for-schools/coronavirus-wellbeing-activity-ideas-for-schools/
Just for fun
* #TogetherAtHome – follow and use the hashtag on Instagram – creating an online community with lots of funny videos and live music sessions with celebrities like John Legend and Chris Martin.
* @dogsworkingfromhome – literally just that… photos of dogs working from home.
* Diplo live streaming DJ sets daily via Instagram: @diplo – get up and have a dance!
* @world_record_egg – bit of fun and positivity on Instgram
* @theellenshow – Ellen degeneres FaceTimes famous celebrity friends every day – previous chats saved on her highlights
* @fallontonight Jimmy Fallon is doing his tonight show from home via Instagram
* @aldridge_foundation regular Q&A’s, recommendations – potentially launch a weekly challenge / competition
* Get creative in the garden – ideas and projects for young people to enjoy nature https://www.rhs.org.uk/education-learning/gardening-children-schools/family-activities/Activities
* Teddy bear hunt – get involved or keep an eye out in your local community (for primary students) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52108765
* 10 Creative ideas – games, challenges and activities (for primary students) https://childsplaytoysandbooks.com/blogs/playful-thoughts/stuck-at-home/
* L.S Lowry Colouring – printable colouring sheets https://thelowryblog.com/2020/03/27/love-lowry-colouring/
* Guiness World Record – help beat a world record by creating a portrait collage – https://ourcreativeface.com/?fbclid=IwAR28vjbwFNIgdfa-C8mLjdP11VdfghH4EVKnPcTVRPeGwrXH6QrTCN35uvE
*Listen to an audio book, including Harry Potter, for free – https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
*10 fun things to do with children – see how many you can tick off! https://discover.ticketmaster.co.uk/special-events/10-fun-things-to-do-at-home-with-the-kids-49994/?j=3045359&l=213970_HTML&u=154445841&mid=1314420&jb=15483&et_mid=3045359&et_rid=620005128&sfmc_sub=620005128&utm_source=eml-tm_nl01_20_04_02_discover-article-roundup_ca&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1314420_3045359_4/2/2020
Creative / competitions
* Great British Home Chorus – an initiative set up by Gareth Malone to bring together amateur and professional performers around the country whilst in social isolation https://decca.com/greatbritishhomechorus/
* Noel fielding art club – regular art clubs – two hour sessions to create a masterpiece related to a theme – follow on Instagram @noel_fielding or Twitter to stay updated on when then next one is!
* Make-up inspiration – re-create some looks featured on:@cockatoomakeup and @soph_xxmakeup
* Live baking tutorial at 2pm daily from London’s Bread Ahead baker, via their Instagram: @breadaheadbakery
* Cooking with kids – simple recipes to get young people in the kitchen and learning about food –best for Primary students https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/kids-cooking
* Meals to make with five ingredients or less https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/five-ingredients-or-less
* Eat well for less tips – https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/20-tips-to-eat-well-for-less/
* Recipe links:
Change 4 Life: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/recipes/
BBC eat well for less: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0520lz9
MOB Kitchen: www.mobkitchen.co.uk