All of the programmes and activities supported, delivered or funded by the Foundation promote the development of the Aldridge Attributes – these are the skills that we believe are essential for preparing young people for their lives beyond school, whichever pathways they choose.
Inspiring experiences to raise aspirations, build confidence and resilience and inform a wider world view.
- University Residential Schools and High Fliers initiatives – fuelling aspiration and preparing students to enter the world of further education
- Adventure training and residential therapeutic experiences – building life skills and supporting continued engagement in education.
- International sports and educational experiences – practicing life skills while building greater social and cultural capital.
Developing core skills to better equip students for future life and the world of work.
- Enterprise skills developed through best practice teaching, business projects and entrepreneurial student-led enterprises, competitions and clubs.
- In school incubator workspaces, quality interactions and placements with business leaders, entrepreneurs and skilled professional and crafts people.
- Vocational programmes to explore and build industry and enterprise skills – construction, sport, digital, media and creative arts.
Creating tailored journeys to achieve quality destinations after life at school
- Personal support and guidance to map pathways and support into further education, employment, and entrepreneurship.
- Opportunities for graduating students to take up residence in Aldridge incubator workspaces as a first safe home for their entrepreneurial business.
- Creating an Aldridge Alumni Network of students, staff and business partners to support, connect and provide career opportunities.